This moist and decadent chocolate cake featuring zucchini is quick and easy! Sugar-free, low carb and keto friendly.
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a great way to use up a bumper crop of zucchini – or for those of us who shop at at wholesale clubs! Zucchini doesn’t so much add flavor to the cake but some great moisture, texture and nutrients. No stranger to keto dieters, this veggies is amazing sauteed, grilled, zoodled and yes, baked!
KEY INGREDIENTS KETO CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
Allulose is a rare, naturally occurring sugar that is very low in calories and well as low carb. It is my favorite keto ingredient and the backbone of my baking. It is the perfect sweetener for our cake!
Check out more keto recipes with allulose.
This zero calorie fiber is light and fluffy but can be a bit dry on its own. It helps make for a light cake when combined with the zucchini. LifeSourse is absolutely my recommended brand. Other brands have resulted in ruined baked goods so make the effort to get LifeSource brand oat fiber.
Check out more keto recipes with oat fiber.
This low carb chocolate zucchini cake is VERY easy to assemble! I’ll admit I sometimes don’t even use two bowls!
Line your baking dish with parchment paper. This is important because the LAST thing you want is to be trying to pry off a stuck on cake! TIP: spread out the batter with a spatula and then give it a little shake to smooth out the ridges left by the spatula.
Be sure to give the grated zucchini a really good squeeze to get out any excess moisture. I’ll let it drain in a strainer while assembling the rest of the batter and then give it a good squeeze with my hands before adding to the mix.
- Parchment paper
- Round cake pan
- Mixing bowls
Let’s plan ahead in case we hit any bumps in the road!
Why is my cake batter batter dry?
This batter is naturally dry and not as runny as traditional cake batter. Double checking all the liquids, if it is still very dry try adding an additional tablespoon of almond milk. The final texture should be stiff like a mousse.
How do I prevent the cake from cooking unevenly?
Try to ensure that the cake layer is even so it will cook at the same rate. Also, rotate the pan half way through baking to help ensure even baking. I do not recommend using convection with this recipe.
Here are a few ideas for your gorgeous Keto Chocolate Zucchini Cake!
How to serve Keto Chocoalte Zucchini Cake:
- Perfect for a summer picnic
- With decorations it could make an awesome birthday cake 🎂 for a little one
- Awesome for an afternoon brunch
What to drink with Keto Chocoalte Zucchini Cake:
This would be amazing served with some creamy coffee for an after dinner dessert. An ice cold glass of milk (almond or maybe macadamia!) would also be so delicious with this cake.
This cake holds up well in the fridge in an air tight container.
💕MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- You’ll love this chocolate pull-apart Keto Babka Snowflake ❄️
- Keto Peppermint Marshmallows
- For chocolate cake lovers, Keto German Chocolate Cupcakes are also a chocolate winner!
- Keto Whoppie Pies AKA Gobs are also a really fun take on chocolate cakes.
- Enjoy your favorite ice cream with Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- Keto Coconut and Cheese Flan is another gorgeous (and easy!) must try
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- ½ cup oat fiber
- ½ cup allulose
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 ounce bakers chocolate melted
- 1/4 cup avocado oil can substitie melted butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt can substitute full fat or reduced fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
add at the end
- 3 oz zucchini shredded and drained
Chocolate Ganache topping
- 1/4 cup heaving whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips sugar free
- Shred the zucchini and place in a colander to drain.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl mixing thoroughly to avoid any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients being careful to mix well.
- Before adding the zucchini wring out any remaining moisture. Add to batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a parchment lined cake pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Check for doneness at 20, a knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove from pan to cool on a rack to prevent sweating.
- Combine cream and chocolate chips in a microwave safe measuring cup.
- Microwave on low until just melted. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Pour over cake using a spreader or back of a spoon to get it all the way to the edges. Garnish with nuts if desired.
Love this keto chocolate cake recipe!
Thanks, Leslie! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Always love a keto friendly cake!
Thank you, Sondra! So glad to year you liked it!
Wow, you can’t taste the zucchini at all, but they add such a nice moistness to the cake. 🙂
Julia, you’re so right! It’s kind of a secret ingredient, ha! Just enough to make it really tender. Glad you enjoyed it!
Delicious! Such a great way to sneak in veggies!
Even for adults, ha! So glad it was a hit for you!
I gotta run to the store to get the ingredients for this cake, it looks amazing!!
Thanks, Emily! I hope you and the fam will love it!
This keto chocolate zucchini cake looks delicious.
Thanks so much, Swathi!
Great recipe! We loved it!
That’s great to hear! Thank you, Elizabeth!
This cake is so delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
I’m so glad you liked it, Capri! Thanks for leaving a review!
When our garden is overflowing with zucchini, I’m always looking for new ways to use it up. This chocolate zucchini cake looks like the perfect way tom do it!
Sounds perfect, Jessica! How awesome to grow your own!
You never cease to amaze me !!!
I can’t wait to make this one
ANd the carrot Cake recipe for Easter
Thank you, Darlia, you’re the best! xo