These Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites are the perfect finger food served as an appetizer, hors d’oeuvres or game day snack. They have the great flavor of pizza, minus the carbs! Quick and easy with just five ingredients and ready in 15 minutes.
Pepperoni, cheese, herbs, spices and toppings – what is not to love? These are packed full of flavor without any of the guilt of the carby crust of pizza.
As any of my friends I met while living in Cleveland can attest, Presti’s in Little Italy had the best pizzaand specifically artichoke pizza in the world. I think I may have had it for lunch every day for a year! Some of the best laughs of my life were had over that pizza! I may have given up my love of carbs, but I’ve never given up the taste for pizza! These Keto Cheese Pepperoni Bites have the amazing taste of pizza – they’re so good you won’t even miss the crust! 🍕
YOU’LL LOVE THESE
These are super quick to whip up – just five simple ingredients with no bowls or utensils to clean up, this is truly easy! They are also ready in 15 minutes so you can throw them together during half time and be enjoying them before the end of the 3rd quarter!
These will also suit a large variety of eaters these Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites are low carb, sugar-free, naturally gluten free and nut free.
These little pizza bites have a “crust” of pepperoni. Like bacon, the pepperoni crisps up and renders some fat as it cooks leaving a deliciously chewy and crispy base for our bites!
The mozzarella cheese acts like the glue holding together our pizza bites. When the Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites are done, the cheese should be a little crispy on the edges and chewy in the center, basically how you’d like your perfect pizza!
I love serving these up with artichoke hearts. They add a little bit of heft (as well as a veggie!) to this appetizer. What I love is that I can crack open a can and not have to do any additional chopping or dicing, etc. You can change up the toppings to anything in your liking. I also love these with mushrooms and olives. Whatever you like on pizza, you’ll likely also enjoy on these!
Making these Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites is no more complicated than assembling them and baking them! The base of each one is four pepperoni topped with a big pinch of cheese and then herbs, spices and your favorite toppings.
- silicone mat or foil
- baking sheet
Using a silicone mat or foil will help keep clean up a breeze. I’d recommend using a rimmed baking sheet because the pepperoni can definitely render some fat and it wouldn’t be too fun to clean off the bottom of the oven.
This is a pretty simple and straight forward recipe – but, anytime we’re in the kitchen, anything can happen!
What if my pepperoni bites are greasy?
I would definitely recommend draining or blotting your Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites when they are done cooking. Just like your old favorite greasy slice of pizza, the cheese and pepperoni can render some fat as they cook. You can carefully blot the bottoms with a paper towel to remove excess fat. Be sure to serve with napkins!
What if my pepperoni bites don’t crisp up?
You might want to give them a little longer in the oven if they aren’t crisping up to your liking. These should be crispy on the bottom from the pepperoni and the cheese with a nice amount of chew. Yum!
How to serve Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites?
- Did I mention game day? These are a perfect finger food – with napkins!
- Amazing with Keto Crispy Kabocha Chips and wings for some game day treats
- Perfect with some marinara as a dipping sauce
What to drink with Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites?
These are great with bubbles to help cut some of the fat. 🥤 Maybe some bubbly water, sugar-free soda or beer would hit the spot?
Definitely plan to eat these on the day you make them – take advantage of the crispiness!
❤️ MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Another crispy treat – Keto Crispy Kabocha Chips
- Perfect game day mates Keto Asian Spicy Sticky Wings
- Sesame Chicken, Keto & Low Carb is awesome
- You’ll love these Keto Kabocha Latkes
Keto Cheesy Pepperoni Bites
- silicone mat
- baking sheet
- 2.25 ounces pepperoni 32 slices
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup shredded
- 2 ounces artichoke hearts drained, can substitute with any toppings of choice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning can substitute oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with foil or silicone mat
- Place pepperoni in groups of four pieces
- Top each group with a big pinch of cheese
- Add artichoke hearts, or toppings of choice
- Sprinkle on italian herbs and crushed pepper flakes
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Blot excess fat and serve immediately