Classic Carrot Cake gets a low carb makeover! Sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb and keto friendly, this cake can please a crowd!
KEY INGREDIENTS KETO CARROT CAKE
Allulose is a rare, naturally occurring sugar that is very low in calories and well as low carb. It is my favorite keto ingredient and the backbone of my baking. It is the perfect sweetener for our Keto cake!
Check out more keto recipes with allulose.
This zero calorie fiber is light and fluffy but can be a bit dry on its own. Paried with carrots, the oat fiber makes for a soft and moist cake. LifeSourse is absolutely my recommended brand. Other brands have resulted in ruined baked goods so make the effort to get LifeSource brand oat fiber.
Check out more keto recipes with oat fiber.
This low carb carrot cake is VERY easy to assemble! I’ll admit I sometimes don’t even use two bowls!
Line your baking dish with parchment paper. This is important because the LAST thing you want is to be trying to pry off a stuck on cake! TIP: spread out the batter with a spatula and then give it a little shake to smooth out the ridges left by the spatula.
Use the finer setting on the grater for the carrots. This ensures for small pieces that can incorporate well into the batter.
Let’s plan ahead in case we hit any bumps in the road!
Why is my cake batter batter dry?
This batter is naturally dry and not as runny as traditional cake batter. Double checking all the liquids, if it is still very dry try adding an additional tablespoon of almond milk. The final texture should be stiff like a mousse.
How do I prevent the cake from cooking unevenly?
Try to ensure that the cake layer is even so it will cook at the same rate. Also, rotate the pan half way through baking to help ensure even baking. I do not recommend using convection with this recipe.
Here are a few ideas for your gorgeous Keto Carrot Cake!
How to serve Keto Carrot Cake:
- Perfect for Easter and spring gatherings
- With decorations it could make an awesome birthday cake 🎂 for a little one
- Awesome for an afternoon brunch
What to drink with Keto Carrot Cake:
This would be amazing served with some creamy coffee for an after dinner dessert. Paris so well with tea and especially Chai! An ice cold glass of milk (almond or maybe macadamia!) would also be so delicious with this cake.
This cake holds up well in the fridge in an air tight container.
💕MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- You’ll love this chocolate pull-apart Keto Babka Snowflake ❄️
- Keto Peppermint Marshmallows
- For chocolate cake lovers, Keto German Chocolate Cupcakes are also a chocolate winner!
- Keto Whoppie Pies AKA Gobs are also a really fun take on chocolate cakes.
- Enjoy your favorite ice cream with Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- Keto Coconut and Cheese Flan is another gorgeous (and easy!) must try
Keto Carrot Cake
- 3/4 cup oat fiber (60 grams)
- ½ cup allulose
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- 2.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice can sub ginger and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil can substitie melted butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt can substitute full fat or reduced fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
add at the end
- 3 oz carrot finely shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used nonfat but whatever you have should be fine)
- 4-6 tablespoons allulose I prefer 4 but some might like it sweeter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pecan garnish optional
- Shred the carrots finely; do not drain.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl mixing thoroughly to avoid any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients being careful to mix well.
- Add carrots to batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a parchment lined cake pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Check for doneness at 20, a knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove from pan to cool on a rack to prevent sweating.
- Whip room temperature cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add Greek yogurt, allulose and vanilla and whip.
- Allow to cool in fridge before frosting completely cooled cake.
- Can color some for decorations and/or add chopped pecans for garnish.