This Keto Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball shaped like a pine cone is perfect for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. You’ll love this quick and easy recipe with just five ingredients!
Cheese Balls make such a nice (and easy!) appetizer. They are perfect for holidays, game days and dinner parties. What makes this one keto? Well. depending on the ingredients, most cheese balls should be low carb and keto friendly. For this, we’ll specifically use no sugar added bacon and avoid adding any jam or dried fruits like you might find in a traditional cheese ball.
KEY INGREDIENTS KETO BACON CHEDDAR CHEESE BALL
I use light cream cheese for this one but you could always use full fat. This is the yummy binder that holds our cheese ball together!
Bacon adds such a smokey, rich note to the cheese ball. It’s the prefect partner for cheddar! This low carb Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball only has a few ingredients so go for quality! Look for bacon with no sugar added.
Cheddar has a great richness and creaminess – perfect for an appetizer like this. Cheddar is one of the main ingredients so quality really matters. Spring for some Kerrygold to make your keto cheese ball special!
Green Onions make our cheese ball a bit more zingy! They add some crunch, color and a hint of onion flavor, which is always great with bacon!
This is very simple to make, just mix the ingredients together! Shape the cheese ball into an almond shape with your hands and cover with almonds. Very easy with a beautiful result!
- Mixing bowl
How do I get the almonds to cover the cheese ball?
Lay them down in a brick like pattern, where they stagger. The point of each additional row, starting from the bottom up, will fill in and cover almost all of the cheese below.
These would be perfect to serve in many ways!
How to serve a Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball:
- Perfect for a dinner party appetizer
- Great for Christmas celebrations or other winter holidays
- Amazing for game day!
What should I drink with a Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball?
How about some nice beer or bubbly? 🥂
Refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy in a couple of days.
❤️ MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- You’ll love these Keto Kabocha Latkes
- For game days Asian Spicy Sticky Wings
- Yule love this Keto Yule Log 🌲
- Keto Peppermint Marshmallows
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball, Keto & Low Carb
- mixing bowls
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 pieces bacon sugar free
- 1/4 cup cheddar shredded
- 2 stalks green onions
- 3/4 cup almonds
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature
- Fry bacon and chop into small pieces
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, cheddar and scallions.
- Shape into an almond or tear drop shape.
- Starting from the bottom up, cover in rows of almonds. Offset to cover the cheese mix.
- Serve garnished with rosemary.